WHO WE ARE
LBS Engineering Solutions is a 100 % black owned company with 60 % black female ownership. The company boosts a young (below 35 years) executive with vast experience in mechanical and metallurgical engineering, design, (CAD modelling and FEA), project management, plant maintenance, inspection and system optimisation.
LBS Engineering Solutions is an engineering consultant company that has SANAS accreditation. AIA in-service and manufacturing inspection accreditation has been granted from the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS) and Department of Labour to act as a Government Approved Inspection Authority (AIA) in South Africa. The primary purpose of LBS Engineering Solutions is to provide engineering consultation services and inspection services. We aim to:
- Provide , sustain and improve business and engineering processes
- Provide cost effective and code compliant engineering solutions and designs
- Performance of research and feasibility studies
We aim to serve the following industry sectors:
- Chemical Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
- Mining Industry
- Defence and Automotive Industry
- Power generation Industry
- Heavy fabrication Industry
To become Africa's most preferred engineering consultancy through consistent service excellence, innovative solutions and exceeding our clients' expectations.
To be the market leader in delivering world class engineering services
Pressure Equipment Inspection Services
- LBS Engineering Solutions is in the process of being fully compliant with both the international ISO 17020 and the South African SANS 10227 regulations.
- Ability to certify pressure equipment
- We have the capability to conduct inspection from single orders to entire projects.
- This can range from a single final inspection to a full program starting with pre-inspection meeting through all stages of the equipment's manufacturing life cycle to a final pre-shipment inspection and release.
- In-service and manufacturing inspections can be conducted all types of mechanical, line pipe, pressure vessels and other equipment.
- LBS Engineering Solutions has an in-house multidisciplinary team of engineers, therefore we can provide a unique proposition by providing value-added recommendations on deviations.
- We can also assist with the development of optimised inspection programs through risk based Inspection (API 580/581).
- Development of a long term equipment renewal plan based on the inspection history and expected damage mechanisms.
- We also offer HP equipment cleaning services for inspections.
Metallurgical Engineering Services
LBS Engineering Solutions has in house metallurgical engineering expertise Specialised metallurgical services that range from:
- Corrosion studies and monitoring, cathodic protection inspection
- Maintenance and failure investigation and analysis.
- We also offer microstructural analysis, chemical analysis and certification
- Mechanical testing of base materials and welds and failure analysis .
- Interpretation of the metallurgical results are offered both as a value added service to the inspection or as an individual service or as part of the qualification procedure requirements for welding.
LBS Engineering Solutions, has in house mechanical engineering expertise, that can offer the following services:
- Technical justifications to evaluate the viability of renewals of pipelines, pressure vessels and header valves
- Design review (verifications) and its code compliance
- Drafting of technical specifications for the procurement of plant equipment.
- Fitness for service on pressure equipment
- Fault finding and root cause analysis
- Finite element analysis and CAD modelling
- Draughting Services (Drawings redraws)
- Special tool design
LBS Engineering Solutions provides clients with project management services. We ensure that the client derives the following benefits:
- Cost saving through sound engineering judgement and a single point of responsibility thus streamlining activities
- Emphasis on zero harm safety approach
- Quality workmanship and resource management
- We predominantly offer project management services for the Installation of pipe lines, valves and pressure vessels